trešdiena, 2011. gada 25. maijs

Avocado day- Part II- Beauty

Of course, here on green carpet the wonderful and fatty pear shaped avocado is enjoyable in many more ways than just eating!
We take care of our body first by eating to give cells food to make our hair soft and shiny and our skin fresh and elastic. But we do have a lot of outside effects to our body as well, so it's good to take some good care of it externally too. Avocado is just perfect for various masks and oils.

Everyday treatments:
  • Avocado oil is rich and can feed your skin. Use it for hair before wash (let to soak in overnight) or apply directly to skin instead of any chemical lotion- effect will be much better! Some may find that avocado oil is too heavy and thick, therefore you can try to mix it with other, lighter oils. Add some essential oils for aroma benefits!
  • Avocado butter- fatty butter that is mainly sold for purposes of creating your own cosmetics can be used pure - as a single ingredient as well. As a hand cream, for example. Suggestion- put a small jar of avocado butter in your kitchen next to sink to put it on after washing the dishes- it will keep your hands soft and skin healthy.
Deeper treatments:
  • This is the time to use ripe avocado as it is. And the best way to do is - various masks! Even though I like to smear it over my face, neck and hands just as it is- peeled and smashed in my hands, I like to enjoy some more ingredients once in a while. So here are some recipes: 

Today's revitalizing face mask:

2 tbsp. chopped cucumber
2 tbsp. chopped avocado
1 egg white
2 tsp. dry cosmetic clay
Combine all of the ingredients in a blender until they form a smooth paste, apply the mask to your face and neck using circular upward movements. Leave the mask on for 30 minutes, or until dry, then rinse your face and neck with warm water and finish with a cold water rinse.

I did this one this very morning and my skin feels amazing!
My next try- I will apply the same mask to my growing bump as well! My face loved it, my bump will too!

Today's invigorating hair mask:

1 medium avocado
2 tablespoons honey
Mash together the ingredients in a small bowl. Massage into hair and leave in for 20-30 minutes. Then wash hair as usual.

I'm trying this tonight and will share my experience on green carpet tomorrow morning!

P.S.- it was a while ago when me and one of my best friends declared every Wednesday a "Face Day".
So every week I'll try to update if we try something new from home beauty on green carpet!

Nav komentāru:

Ierakstīt komentāru